NEW REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR ELEMENTARY STUDENTS
Registrations are currently being accepted for the 2020-2021 school year. For all other enquiries please email
An online registration process has been created for elementary students in Kindergarten to Grade 5 in the Saanich School District. PLEASE NOTE - Students in middle and secondary school must register at their catchment school.With a valid personal email address, all documents can be uploaded securely online. Registrations are date/time stamped at time of receipt.
Prior to commencing, please review the process and prepare documents for upload. All documents must be included. Original documents must be presented for verification once our School Board Office reopens, and before your child can attend a Saanich School. Please complete a separate submission for each child.
Before you begin, you will need the following:
- Valid email address
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship for student (Birth Certificate or valid Passport or Status Card) *if not a Canadian citizen please see below
- Student’s health card
- Parent photo identification (1 piece required: valid Driver’s License, BCID, Passport or Status Card)
- Court Order documentation if applicable
- Proof of residency within the Saanich School District boundaries - 3 documents required showing current address as follows:
**Please note - we reserve the right to request additional documentation.**
To identify your Catchment School, please see our School Locator Tool here.
Placement is done on a first-come, first-served basis on the following enrollment priorities:
- Re-enrolling students (A child who, in the previous year, attended the school)
- Siblings of re-enrolling students
- Catchment area children
- Non-catchment children
- Out of district children
French Immersion: Previous instruction in a French Immersion setting is recommended for registration in Grades 2-12. Please visit our webpage for more information on the French Immersion program https://www.sd63.bc.ca/programs-and-services/language-programs
Registration Outside of Catchment Area: To request registration at a school outside of your catchment school, please complete the registration process for your catchment school and upload a completed form: Out of Catchment Area Application - K-Grade 5
If you do not have an email address, please contact us by telephone to make an appointment for in-person registration at 250-652-7300.