The BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) has produced an information brochure for parents/guardians about the recently announced availability of COVID-19 vaccinations for children aged 12-17.
The following questions are answered:
- Why should children get vaccinated?
- What vaccine will children get?
- How do we know this vaccine is safe?
- Is getting a COVID19 vaccine the right choice?
- Do children have to get vaccinated?
- Do parents/guardians need to provide consent for their child to get vaccinated?
- Where can children get vaccinated?
- How do children get vaccinated?
You can find this brochure at the BCCDC website: http://www.bccdc.ca/Health-Info-Site/Documents/COVID-19_vaccine/Children_Vaccination.pdf
More information about COVID-19 vaccines can also be found at the following provincial sites:
BCCDC: Information on vaccine safety, getting a vaccine and FAQs
Immunize BC: Reliable immunization information and helpful tools
BC Government: Detailed information on how to get vaccinated in BC
HealthLink BC: Information on COVID-19 vaccines, available in 13 languages
If you have any medical questions please refer to your health care provider, contact 811 or use the HealthLink BC website listed above.
Superintendent & CEO, Saanich Schools