Dear Parents / Guardians,
This email is an update to the one I sent out yesterday. The Ministry of Education has now released updated guidelines for school districts which reflect Dr Henry’s amended, provincial health order from March 29, 2021. These Ministry guidelines highlight specific adjustments that are required to our District Safety Plan which can be found HERE. You can view the entire Provincial COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidelines for K-12 Settings report HERE.
Key Provincial Updates – Guidance on Mask Requirements:
- Staff Only Spaces (p.15)
- Working with Students with Disabilities/Diverse Abilities (p.16)
- School Gatherings and Events (p.17)
- Student Transportation on Buses (p.18)
- Personal Protective Equipment (p.28)
- Music Programs (p.38)
- Physical and Health Education/Outdoor Programs (p.38)
- School Sports (p.41)
- Theatre, Film & Dance Programs (p.44)
If you have any specific questions about your child please contact your school administrator directly.
Superintendent & CEO, Saanich Schools