This Board Policy Handbook has been developed to highlight and support the very important governance function of the Board. In addition to clearly defining the role of the Board, the role of the Superintendent and the delegation of authority from the Board to the Superintendent, it includes the following as policies:
- Foundational statements which provide guidance and direction for all activities within the District;
- Directions for how the Board itself is to function as well as how Board committees are to function;
- Statements as to how appeals and hearings will be conducted;
- Non-delegable matters such as policy-making and school closures; and
- Specific matters which the Board has chosen not to delegate to the Superintendent.
This Board Policy Handbook is intended to be supplemented by an Administrative Procedures Manual; the primary written document by which the Superintendent directs staff. The Administrative Procedures Manual must be entirely consistent with this Board Policy Handbook.
It is to be noted that the electronic versions of both the Board Policy Handbook and the Administrative Procedures Manual, as well as any other handbooks/manuals referenced, are always the most current documents available.